I did a lot of exploring with my career before falling in love with esthetics. Originally intending to seek a career in counselling, I’d always had a love for beauty and fashion. After leaving my program and doing a little soul searching I decided to take the plunge and apply to Blanche Maconald.
After completing the spa program at BMC in 2013 I spent time at a few places around town, working with some talented people and gaining industry experience. Somehow though, I just never felt like I found my niche in these highly gendered environments, and observed a lack of sensitivity around diverse bodies that troubled me.
In 2015 I branched out on my own and created THE BODY POLITIK, a judgement free, inclusive space for all. Specializing in waxing; especially Brazilian waxing, and have been told I offer one of the quickest and least painful waxes you'll ever have.
When I'm not waxing you can find me teaching yoga, traveling, and loving up on my rescue pupper, Elvis. I love hip-hop, sci-fi and horror movies, a good taco, and making sure you leave happy and smooth.
CARMEN (she / her) - founder. wax master. sass pants
Please review the following as it's important for your appointment.
- Masks, worn properly, are mandatory for service to be completed. If you've forgotten yours a disposable one can be purchased for $3.
- Please attend your appointment alone. This also includes without children as this is a small space. No exceptions.
- If you are at all sick - headache, fever, sore throat, cough -you must reschedule your appointment.
- If you have traveled out of province or the country recently then you must reschedule your appointment for 14 days after your return.
- I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone should I feel that guidelines aren't being followed.